Friend never found an arrowhead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend never found an arrowhead.

I need help for a friend, who has found zero Arrowheads ever. Please help my friend who we will call bob.

Ok Bob look for elevated land near waterways then start looking around any ground that has been disced, turned up or eroded. If the water is clear enough then look in the creek and along the banks. If no luck then get out your shovel and start digging. It’s not always easy but you will turn one up if you look hard enough.
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Okay Dar I mean Bob 😁 look for fields that have been planted near creeks and rivers then knock on the nearest house to the field and ask permission. Works maybe 50% of the time but much better to ask
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Look for a water source, plowed fields or planted and I have better luck higher than the flood zone. But always ask permission. Don’t trespass. Carry something, maybe a screwdriver if you don’t have a flipping stick. Most of my finds, which are surface finds, are partially buried. Look at everything. Good luck there’s lots to be found!
        South Carolina

Comment

• Josie
          Josie commented
          Editing a comment
          😁

• UpNorth
          UpNorth commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha… I dug out a axe in concrete hard soil with my truck key, it was a long hike to my truck for a knife or screwdriver…. Broke the damn key… no cell service in that valley… had to hike up to the ridgetop for a phone call home… it sucked, but a brought home the prized axe… June 8th 2008, Father’s Day… remember every detail like it happened yesterday…. … rule # 4c always carry a knife….✌️

• Josie
          Josie commented
          Editing a comment
          At least it was an axe! Screwdriver has become my choice because I can put it in my back pocket BUT I about put it thru my back once when I got on the 4 wheeler, lol.

i lied

Comment

its not bob

Comment

Don’t follow Bob.. lol…
            finding the campsites is harder than finding the arrowheads..
            a lot of footwork and patience is a must… stick to the higher ground near water for field hunting… keep at it.. and your time will come…. I wouldn’t bring Bob with…✌️
            Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Do some research on your particular area, i find geological surveys contain most of the info one would ever need to at least put themselves in some of the most potentially productive areas , pay close attention to natural waterways, especially where two or more come together, locate any potential drain basins, or flood plains, and look not only out in those flat fields around the waterways and drain basins but recognize that the low foothills at the edges of those flatter areas can be very productive as well, once on location it helps to be familiar with some of the different material used ,most sites in my general area here in southern indiana, were temporary or seasonal camps in the lowlands, but not necessarily the case when they got up a little higher away from the flood plain, these slightly elevated ares are where more significant finds are being made here, such as axes, hoes,effigies,evidence of stockades , burn pits etc...not that those are all necessarily distinct indicators unique only to more permanent settlements but here we are noticing a significant difference in what is found where......get in a location that seems to make sense once some research has been done, and always, i repeat, always obtain permission,point your nose to the ground and just look around, if its meant to be you will be the first to know....good luck to ya...🙂
              JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Comment

Working...
              X