As giddy as a school girl....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As giddy as a school girl....

So in the spirit of matterns post yesterday about gaining a new permission, today, i have gained a new permission as well.....in a very very historical area, along the east fork of the white river right square in the vicinity of indianas historical fort vallonia, its private property, lost of folks have tried to gain this permission and failed, i gave it a shot and the ol boy said as soon as his fields were done i was welcome to come surface hunt on his properties ..words do not convey how big this could be for me, all the head hunters in this area try to hunt as close to these properties as possible because its a known fact that this is ground zero here in my area for ancient settlements...so much so that a fort had to be erected here back in the early 19th century as protection for the first english settlers that arrived here.....im pretty darn excited, and very thankful .....so hopefully, from late fall into next spring i will have the time to give it a proper looking over....i dont know why he chose to allow me to hunt here,maybe because i worked for him mamy moons ago as a summer job during high school?...i dont know, not going to ask, just going to enjoy and be thankful.....πŸ’ͺ😎...happy hunting friends...
    JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

πŸ’ͺ😎
    Digging in GA, β€˜bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      πŸ’ͺ😎

I’d be wondering the same thing as to why me but maybe you hit him a good day and got lucky. You gained one and I lost one how bout that. Looking forward to seeing what you find. Some farmers like to play tricks around here. Like the ones I know. Once the farmers told me I could hunt a field low and behold they had just put fresh chicken scratch down then told me I could hunt it. Sure did stink but I found some points.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      That will probably be my luck...lol....πŸ™‚

Nice! We will expect some nice finds in near future ..congrats man!!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank ye...πŸ™‚

Hopefully there was a massive attack on the fort by the natives and arrowheads will be all over the place.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      I have some local history books detailing such events...πŸ™‚

Don’t forget the metal detector might be some metal points
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      Never thought about that....thank ye...πŸ™‚

Thats awesome.....good luck on those future huntsπŸ‘
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• Talkingpoints
      Talkingpoints commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you...πŸ™‚

So if anybody happens to be in my area this coming weekend, its the huge ft.vallonia days celebration, celebrating the success in taming this here land back in the late 18th to early 19th centuries, the actual fort is located less that a mile from my new permission, which upon further study i found to be approximately 80 acres.... they will be mountain men, french fur trappers and modern day cowboys by the thousands decending upon the small town of vallonia this weekend, be there or be square!...lol....happy hunting...πŸ™‚

Comment

I went and put some boots on the ground over in the area of my new permission about an hour ago, looks a little different in person as opposed to the 2019 satellite view, im not 100% sure i was in the correct place so i just left until i can talk to the ol boy about the property lines, this property is bordered to the north by the white river, but in every other direction it is bordered by other private properties and there are gates, cables, and no trespassing signs up everywhere, and nothing else present that would indicate clear property lines as the land is a mixture of crop fields, swampy wooded areas and huge, overgrown patches of standing timber, all tied together im sure, by the large drain channels criss crossing from property to property....and skeeters,...man i despise stinking mosquitoes, they big enough that two of them tried to carry me away, i dont know where they were taking me and i didnt want to know, so i started flapping my wings, batting my eyes and squacking for all i was worth until finally they dropped me...schewww weee....!!!...wont be forgetting the skeeter spray next time i tell ye that much..lol...but once i got so far back in there even the gravel/mud road was covered with flakes, chips, chert chunks etc. I even grabbed up a piece of heat treated harrodsburg on my short hike in.....but those dang mosquitoes, those flying parasitic vampires, would not allow me to even begin to formulate a plan of attack and it was then at that very moment that a piece of wisdom my ol pappy used to say popped into my head,..he would say son, sometimes the smart thing to do is to live to fight another day, and that is currently whats taking place as im sharing my experience with you all, my arrowhead hunting piers, my arrowhead hunting friends!...πŸ’ͺ😎...happy hunting!

Comment

• Tradewater kenny
        Tradewater kenny commented
        Editing a comment
        Check out x hunt helps with property lines itll keep you clear and gives you peace of mind after a few hours lookin down

• Talkingpoints
        Talkingpoints commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you tk...πŸ™‚
    Working...
    X