Finding groups to search with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding groups to search with

Hi I am new to this and was wondering if there is anyway to find groups to go out and search for artifacts with. I am located in Eastern North Carolina. My mom has found some arrowheads and an axe head a long time ago... have no idea where to look around where I live. Any help would be appreciated.

If you find any groups, let me know. Probably not gonna happen.

Comment

Hello NC   Order the book,  "How to Find Indian Arrowheads and other Ancient
      Artifacts and Relics",  by Terry Baxter.  Check  WesternArtifacts.com to find one.
      I found it helpful no matter where you live.  It gives good ideas on how to spot
      ancient campsites.  Got any lakes around there?  I've been doing pretty good on beaches
      lately.  I don't know about your local laws though.  Fields that are being farmed near
      rivers, creeks or lakes could be good.  Just get permission.  You may have some pay dig sites
      around there you could go dig,  and maybe meet someone.  The more you talk, research and look,
      the better chance you'll have.    Gary
      South Dakota

Comment

I will check out the book... the last one I found was on a sandy river shore.  Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I was considering getting that book SDhunter. Nice to hear somebody else has read it and thought it was useful.

Comment

twiasp wrote:

I was considering getting that book SDhunter. Nice to hear somebody else has read it and thought it was useful.
              twiasp,   I thought it was very interesting and helpful.  It is inexpensive as well.  It just gives
            a guy lots of ideas of what to look for when looking for spots to hunt.  You can get the advice here
            as well in time,  but this book gives you a good headstart.  Gary
            South Dakota

Comment

Want to sell your copy or loan it out for bit?

Comment

Working...
              X