Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips?

I need a few pointers for desert artifact hunting......how to narrow search in vast areas......any help would be appreciated.

Chase, 11KBP, and a few others should be around to help. They know their stuff on this subject.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Start by finding water cause you cant live without that. Even if its a dry creek or spring cause it would have ran at some point in the past 14000 years.

Comment

peakhunter wrote:

I need a few pointers for desert artifact hunting......how to narrow search in vast areas......any help would be appreciated.
          peakhunter, I am not sure what desert hunting you mean? From your profile where you live is call the Northern High Plains. If that is what your hunting, I can point you in the right direction. First off rockdigger is right, water is a must and any source is good. Hunting around springs will narrow down your search area. High flat benches that look over the area, is also a great place. I would go west toward the mountains (foothills). and hunt the benches. Bluffs above rivers, and where two rivers meet.
        Here is a picture of one type of area I hunt.

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Chase lol I do mean high plains.....I was just speaking like a true easterner. Im from PA originally and now am living in Cody Wyoming so excuse the confusion. I do ok finding a few things but would like to narrow my search are down a little......its big country out here and want to be a little more efficient. Where are you located?

Comment

peakhunter wrote:

Chase lol I do mean high plains.....I was just speaking like a true easterner. Im from PA originally and now am living in Cody Wyoming so excuse the confusion. I do ok finding a few things but would like to narrow my search are down a little......its big country out here and want to be a little more efficient. Where are you located?
            Just PM me I will help I am in Colo but hunt Wyo as well.
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
            X