Need help on locating a camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on locating a camp

Hello, I've recently found almost a half 5 gallon bucket worth of flint chips, along with a few good points, a scraper, and a hammer stone. It is located in a short valley(100yards) in between two big hills. I haven't found anything on top of the hills but only in one small section in the valley. Could it be possible the campwas right where I'm finding all of the chips? This was all surface finds btw. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. It is possible. Is there or was there a water source near by.? Spring, creek, lake? As long as the ground was well drained quite likely they camped where your finding. Post some pics.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

The ground is very well drained. The soil is black and rich. Can almost dig through it with My hands. There is a spring and 2 little creeks that run through the valley. I've found all of that stuff just on the surface of the one little creek. It's hard to say if it was there back then because it's literally only 1 ft deep in places, the rest is just like channel (6-8") deep

Comment

And there was 1 deep creek about 150 yards south of here that has been around for a long time but it's in the middle of a big flat field
        I keep trying to upload pics but it's saying the files are too large

Comment

Try resizing or cropping your photos before downloading.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
          X