No announcement yet.

Creek Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx Joe. That first pick i found in january.i didnt get a suti pic because i was so excited. the way it layed it looked un broken, when i pulled it from the tundra my heart sank when i noticed it it was broke. Probably would be my best point, beside my broke Dalton. It is bevelled on oppisite sides of the blade. maybe a KIrk? not sure still not that good at point identificatin...yet

Comment

I know what you mean Travis nice finds, you have fields to hunt too? Close to plowing time for farmers who still plow!! Can't wait good hunting Joe!!!

Comment

wmwallace wrote:

Hey Paul glad to see a Buckeye brother on here!! I am from the NE corridor of our great state. Sure is easy to get the fever in Ohio!! We got some good stuff don't we?-Bill
        It sure is! I haven't hunted regularly for years, and recently got the fever back, and got it bad!! Any yes, Buckeye brothers can find artifacts almost anywhere!

Comment

Hey.. Finaly found the right forum for alot of my questions. I just started creek hunting in louisiana. should u dig around where trees and other things been letting the rocks pile up? The smaller the creek the better? Should i just walk and scan? Or spend hrs on a gravel bar, on the up stream side? the creeks here are SANDY so sandy sumtimes u sink waste deep in sand. So no waiters needed just extra pair of boxers or under ware. More tips please. Thanks. This sight is kinda hard to figure out. How u post multiple pics at one time, But the info is very apreciated. OH, I'll trade a sack of crawfish for a good Point to put on my new hat from Tractor supply.LOL Check my profile, and i have access to Tunica Hills Louisianna, Lets Hunt..

Comment

Still finding hammer stones! Up to 17 now since Feb. in the same 1/2 mile stretch, but only one point, some broken tips and bases,and a few blanks or pre-forms. With all the flint deposits, I believe this was mainly a work site.

Comment

Sherman22 wrote:

Hey.. Finaly found the right forum for alot of my questions. I just started creek hunting in louisiana. should u dig around where trees and other things been letting the rocks pile up? The smaller the creek the better? Should i just walk and scan? Or spend hrs on a gravel bar, on the up stream side? the creeks here are SANDY so sandy sumtimes u sink waste deep in sand. So no waiters needed just extra pair of boxers or under ware. More tips please. Thanks. This sight is kinda hard to figure out. How u post multiple pics at one time, But the info is very apreciated. OH, I'll trade a sack of crawfish for a good Point to put on my new hat from Tractor supply.LOL Check my profile, and i have access to Tunica Hills Louisianna, Lets Hunt..
              Hey dudes...Im not far from ya..in fact?..we gots your crocs over here now...anyway you gotta  find evidence of a site. First thing ...youve found chips or flint or worked material yet?....

Comment

phbarnesjr wrote:

Still finding hammer stones! Up to 17 now since Feb. in the same 1/2 mile stretch, but only one point, some broken tips and bases,and a few blanks or pre-forms. With all the flint deposits, I believe this was mainly a work site.

Most for sure a hotspot..

Comment

Working...
                X