pre- hunt rituals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love this topic..
    My hunts starts with a silent thank you for the last find, and guidance to the next. I then scan the area for anyone or thing that could harm me, maybe I should do than scan first. Anyway, I also keep the first flake too, dang I am superstitious. Oh, and one other but I'm keeping that secret, OWTW isn't getting all my secrets😜
    Last edited by Daze; 08-23-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

i have the same ritual regardless if i am hunting artifacts or animals

i find a shade tree,kneel under it facing west,light a cigar(not a cigarette),take a deep puff and exhale it to the four winds and to mother earth
      and ask for guidance in finding my quarry.then i extinguish the cigar,take the remains of it and crumble it up and spread it at the base of the tree.

this i learned from an old Native American that i became friends with. he said he does this every time he goes hunting to show respect to mother earth.
      so far it has brought me a lot of luck when hunting animals,but not so much for artifacts yet

Comment

Humm... SGB I now have a new prehunting ritual, I don't smoke cigars but I can make it work. 😉

Comment

I start by wearing a blindfold. I might want to try something different because my lucky blindfold doesn't seem to be working.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hey, how goes it? Well, back to salting this corn field. Have Clovis, will gopher......
            Rhode Island

Comment

Did you say Gopher?

Comment

Alright I am still a young buck so I am definitely guilty of the not drinking until I find something. Gum helps haha. Also pick the first flake I find and hold it and twirl my beaver chewed walking stick in the other hand like an idiot. I'm not sure if my rituals help. Maybe I will say some kind words next time and see if a dovetail finally shows itself
                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                X