huntin tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huntin tools

it seems whenever i go out lookin i require a certain amount equipment i just gotta bring,my walking stick,polorized sunglasses, a cloth nail apron ( it comes in real handy when you hunt the beach, its saves you from tons of sand in the washin machine!) some old sneakers for watershoes and of course my ceremonial tobacco pouch, i made it out of a doe i had harvested , i braintan"d the hide and smoked it to seal it and make it waterproof, i finished it with artifitial sinew , glass beads, and a antler crown button.if anyone is wonderin i use eastern woodland blend tobacco from crazy crow supplys mixed with white sage we grow here at the house.( what i have nows from the last houses garden though) and i bring along a piece of waterpolished green chert that i found as a lucky stone.

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

another new tool i made and started to bring when i need it is a "look bucket" i took a plastic flower pot,cut out most of the bottom,cut out a slightly larger piece of plexi to fit the inside,then superglued it,let it dry, then siliconed it in.its already found me stuff.  CMD found a site that really makes em" and sells em". try makin one for yourselfs or buyin one if you hunt the water at all, it"ll increase your odds alot.

Comment

The well equipped surface and aqua hunter! Cool. Google underwater viewer or underwater viewer bucket to find them. 5 gallon buckets using plexiglass are about $25. I like the looks of this one as I can picture kneeling in the water, checking a spot, moving on, a handle. Smaller field of view, though. I remember quite some time ago a member out west was trying an inner tube viewer, float along on your stomach, looking down into the inner tube. Couldn't find the old thread, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-07-09-3 [replaced].jpg
Views:	137
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	204719
      Rhode Island

Comment

Seems like it would kill your back to walk in shallow water and use that, need some sort of extension version with a larger viewing area to help ya out )

Comment

Here's my bucket. I call it the Point Slayer 2.0. It has a convertible top to keep the glare down and a receptacle for my flippin stick so I can guide it around like a metal detector. Floats right on top of the water and I don't get the hunchback thing goin on. Hasn't found a point yet but did spot a couple of scrapers and lots of flakes I would have passed over. It'll find me a Clovis or Dalton someday. I hope...

Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

cool bucket, i like the idea for the stick , i usally push mine around with my stick too , i been thinkin of adding a foam ring to the bottom of mine.

Comment

Working...
            X