Any other collectors from ct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other collectors from ct?

I'm pretty new to the site and was wondering how easy/hard it is to find artifacts in Connecticut, also where are the best places to look? I know its good to look in recently plowed fields, river beds, etc. but is there any specific places in CT that are good for exploring? I'm from Newtown in Fairfield County.
    Thanks!

Welcome from Central Illinois. To answer you first question, Yes we have some active Ct. collectors here.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome!
      And to answer your second question, someone might give you some ideas, but they are not going to clue you in to their special places!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

:welcome: from R.I. try fields next to a fresh water source, or try walking the gravel lines at the beaches
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Welcome. Have you found anything yet? Yes there are artifacts yet to be found in Newtown CT. Look near the river. Don't look in state parks or city parks ask permission to look on private property. Newtown is like the 4th largest town in area in the state of CT there must be someone who lives near a watershed that will let you look in their garden or farm fields.  I think Newtown is up around sixty square miles. Pootatuck River, Lake Lillinonah, Lake Zoar, Housatonic Taunton Pond there are more and swamps too.. Native Americans needed water to survive  they never camped too far from  water. If I were you I would look on the ground near water. With permission of course.
          PS Taunton, Housatonic, Pootatuck, Lillinonah All Native American Names. There are clues all around you. It is easy to use google but the hardest thing you will have to do is get out of your car and knock on that first farmers door and ask for permission. My advise is walk away from the computer and go get permission and just start looking!
          Good Luck
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss gave you all the ad ice you need! And he certainly knows that area well! I too,am in Connecticut, but not in your immediate area. Get out there and start looking, good luck!
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

I wonder if he found anything? Didn't even say thanks he must have run out the door!
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

:dry:  :whistle:  he's still out lookin!
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Greetings from Ansonia...listen to the advice Hoss gave you.  There are plenty of sites along the Housy to collect.  Just takes some boots on the ground to find them.  There is no magic formula to this...you need to get out there and find the spots.  Best of luck.

Comment

I hope he didn't get lost! LOL I should have said once you do find something come on back and make a post.

Comment

No not lost lol and haven't found anything unfortunately had to leave the area to go back to school I'll be sure to start looking in those places this summer when I'm home. Thank you for all the advice! I'll keep you guys posted if I find anything 

Comment

Working...
                      X