Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visiting Colorado - questions about laws, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Colorado - questions about laws, etc...

I'm originally from North Central Texas and generally stick to that area as well as Southern Ok when hunting, but the wife and I are in Colorado for a few days (In Denver area) and looking for a good creek or river to drop in or a nice hiking trail, etc...
    What are the laws and regulations for collecting in Colorado ?
    Is it ok to drop into a creek or river to look for fossils and artifacts to surface hunt ?
    We will be driving back to Texas through New Mexico and Amarillo etc.. but we are not familiar with the Colorado region and are looking for a good river to drop into and the local laws that we should be aware of.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Mike

Colorado law is No hunting artifacts on public land fossils are fine... Private land is fine to hunt with permission.
    Creeks, are not a place I would hunt. The benches above a creek is where they camped.
    Good luck.
    There is a lot of hiking trails, it just depends on where you are wanting to go, if you give me a direction and a range of distance from Denver I can give you a few suggestions.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thank you for the reply.
      We could drive 1-2 hours in any direction for a good trail.
      We are here until Tuesday and will probably hit the trails every chance we get until then.  On Tuesday we are headed South towards Raton and Amarillo which we plan to stop along the way.
      My email is:  mike@Logic2.com / 903x816x0891
      Thanks Again
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X