No announcement yet.

river law handout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what bothers some property owners along navigable waterways is when they see people out there they feel like they are intruding or trespassing and since they don't know them they don't trust them and think they are up to no good so they want to be confrontational but that's when, it can get ugly.
    Honestly, from what I understand, if a decent size creek here in mo is running through private property the land owners do own all the property. Not the water or fish and other animals though. They may even be able to tell you to stay in canoe or kayak and not walk on creek or gravel bars, not that I like that though.
    I do take back my statement of saying the feller that got shot wasn't on that guys land, well even though the property wasn't in his name it could be private property though, well wait a minute, if its below high water mark, wait I am confused! I do think laws and privileges need to be made more clear as anybody that says they understand all of the navigable waterway laws and privileges are just fooling themselves. Until laws are made more clear anyway.
    Thanks again wildlo for creating this topic!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

your welcome josh im getting confused myself buddy and to be honest quite tired of the post it has been an interesting topic though to say the least I will say once again the original reason of the post was to bring attention to the fact that we all have rights on the rivers and we should enjoy them together without aggression toward one another there are enough places out there we can all find an area and enjoy it for what it is thanks to all who have commented on my topic and to all those who got something from the material im glad I could be of assistance thanks to all I leave you with a view of munsungun falls  happy hunting folks

Comment

Working...
      X