Information Threads are Locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Threads are Locked

I like the information center that has been added. I was just wondering why threads are locked and even the ones that are not locked we can't comment on them or add to them?
    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Hi Jeff
    Within each of the main header sections there is a "please read first post" that explains why we have deliberately locked the threads. For example this is the info in the point typology section:

It is our intention to keep the section as clean as possible and for reference information only... not for discussion. If the threads were unlocked, our belief is that they would quickly clog up with comment and discussion that the moderator team would continually have to clean up.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Jeffrey, very good question. The answer is this, we have locked down the information center to control the information that gets placed in that section. we need a way that we can make sure that all information is correct and factual. We also did not want the membership to feel left out of adding information to this section. The way it is set up, is the major categories are open to the membership to post what information they deem vocational, from there the moderators will verify and place the information into the proper category. Over the years we have had some great debates and some awesome information added to the forum, the biggest problem is with the amount of threads the site gets that information is lost in a mountain of other threads, thus its lost for the information it contains. To allow the members to post comments into this section will only muddle the facts and information in this section. we have the rest of the forum to post and make comments in and the information center will be a place for a fast easy way to access information.
      I hope this answers your question.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks Rodger
        So if a person has something to add such as pics on the topic or info on the topic how do you get it approved to add. Such as a point type from your area or other info on my area. or civil war pics of artifacts.
        I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Working...
        X