video file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video file

I have a few video files I would like to share. They wouldn't upload as a mov (apple) file so I converted it to a mp4. Still no luck. What file type do I need to use or do I have to go through youtube ?
    Last edited by OBION; 10-17-2015, 10:16 AM. Reason: Feel free to move this to the "How do I" sectio; sorry

I think that you are likely right in thinking that YouTube is the way to go.
    I hope you get it figured out.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Currently, there are no video format files specified as permitted attachments, although small animated gif files can be uploaded.

The currently permitted attachments are: doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt and zip.

It should be possible to upload a video as compressed zip file, but the size limit is currently 900Kb… so it would need to be a relatively small file to begin with.

Embedding a link to a video format file stored elsewhere (which is how YouTube links operate) doesn’t have the same restrictions since the file itself doesn’t need to be uploaded to our server.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Originally posted by painshill View Post
        Currently, there are no video format files specified as permitted attachments, although small animated gif files can be uploaded.

The currently permitted attachments are: doc, docx, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, psd, txt and zip.

It should be possible to upload a video as compressed zip file, but the size limit is currently 900Kb… so it would need to be a relatively small file to begin with.

Embedding a link to a video format file stored elsewhere (which is how YouTube links operate) doesn’t have the same restrictions since the file itself doesn’t need to be uploaded to our server.
        Question answered and I was not the one who asked.
        I have thought about it and now I know.
        Thanks Roger.

Jess B.
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

Roger is right Youtube is your best bet for this.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
          X