Rules Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules Discussion

Since regular users are not able to post in the category that I put the rules post in, here is a place to discuss, vent, bash, etc the rules to your hearts content :lol:
    Andrew

Well done Andrew. Looks like you have attempted to cover all the black, white and grey areas as well as possible. Thanks.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Andrew,
         Those Rules look to cover most situations and are pretty standard disclaimers for discussion boards. There is only one clause that makes little sense to me:
      2.8 Although offers of items for sale or trade and links to sites where such items are available (including ebay) are not specifically prohibited, the Forum sections are essentially of a non-commercial nature. Commercial trading should be conducted via the “Artifact Stores” section of the site. Members are encouraged to use the “Private Mail” function to conduct negotiations and make off-line arrangements between themselves for informal trading. Buying, selling and trading is at members’ own risk. Arrowheads.com accepts no liability for such activity and will not mediate in the event of dispute.
      It seems to me that this forum is the only arrowheads forum without a "trading post" or section to list an occasional offer for sale. The average user here could use an outlet to once in a while offer relics for sale or trade, without having to rent a store or buy a banner. These occasion offers on the forum are not of a commercial nature from dealers, but from average collectors in "informal trading" in an informal setting. This clause says "Buying, selling and trading is at members’ own risk. Arrowheads.com accepts no liability for such activity and will not mediate in the event of dispute." The facts are, that trading is ALWAYS at the buyer's risk, even in the stores and banner sites. Arrowheads.com does not mediate in ANY SELLING ACTIVITY on this website- the AACA mediates all problems (that is, for those sellers that actually meet the site requirement of being AACA members- most of them do, but not all). So, "informal trading" is no more dangerous than formal trading. The only thing about "informal trading" is that arrowheads.com cannot collect any rent money from the informal seller. It seems that since you cannot profit from informal trading anyhow, that it would be a great service to the "little guys" to provide a free spot to list those occasion sales offers that will arise from most any collection. If such a section of the forum is abused- say a dealer lists inventory- then make them rent a store- but do not restrict all of the little guys with a point or two for sale or trade.
      JMO.

Comment

So...if an unacceptable comment is made, the entire post is deleted?  My post had zero comments, until pestle person apparently didn't follow the rules, and now the post doesn't exist any longer.  In order to delete the comment...you have to delete the post???  Doesn't really matter on my post because it was in the no reply section.  It may make a difference on a post with several excellent comments as opposed to one nono.

Comment

Pam it actually is still in the forums only in the heading that only Moderators and Administrators can see. The post was removed for moderation and your original post may be retrievable after it is discussed among the Administrators and Moderators. Please be patient while we work through this. 
          Thanks
          Hoss    
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Whew! For once I was workin', Hey Hoss I didn't do it this time !!!!!!

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Whew! For once I was workin', Hey Hoss I didn't do it this time !!!!!!
                But you should have.

Comment

I like what Cliff has to say, but this could take dollars out of the stores.

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Pam it actually is still in the forums only in the heading that only Moderators and Administrators can see. The post was removed for moderation and your original post may be retrievable after it is discussed among the Administrators and Moderators. Please be patient while we work through this. 
                  Thanks
                  Hoss    
                    Hi Hoss.  I wasn't worried about, "my", post.  It didn't have any replies anyway.  My concern was that other posts with many more comments would be removed for just one off the wall comment that was unacceptable.  Pestle person was just using posts as a ploy to have ya' look at his you tube stuff...which I did.  He had some pretty cool items, if they were authentic!  Anyway, I'm not concerned about retrieving my post...I have the actual piece to retrieve if I want to look at it.

Comment

WHAT! :woohoo:  You mean I cant call anybody a poo-poo head or anything like that! :side: I can see the reason they dont want any selling on this site....As to trades!  :angry: All I can say is ya think ya know somebody then they screw ya. Lost this one along with a nice little bottleneck in a "Trade".  inch:
                    wont happen again.

Comment

Working...
                    X