Hello from GA :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from GA :)

Hi everyone- my name is Beth- Im currently living in Columbus, GA.  I'm a wife and housemommy of 4. I used to train horses and I've been kicking around in the dirt for a long time , never finding much other than pretty interesting rocks, mason jars , etc. Loving the hunt- my husband picks on me because we can't hardly drive down a dirt road without me jumping out of the car and checking here and there for something...anything, really, lol. I've found some nice flint and possible "flinty" artifacts- please bear with me i know zero lingo but im eager to learn. I reckon I inherited my love for digging in the dirt honest, because my Daddy just passed and in addition to his mounted collection of arrowheads (He mounted them with what appears to be crazy glue. Sigh.),  me n my mom found and old Tampa Nugget cigar box FULL  of arrowheads. The collection is spectacular in my opinion, I just wish I'd asked my Dad more about them. My mom said my Dad and his Dad and Grandfather found them entirely in Ohio, but I can't be exactly sure where. My bet is somewhere near Coshocton (county?)because I have his Mason pin which is inscribed from The Coshocton chapter, 1956. I'm eager to learn as much as I can about my new collection and other artifacts out there- thanks very much for having me here, I'm normally not so long winded 

Welcome from Central Illinois. Glad you found us.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Hey Beth, Welcome from Michigan U.P.
      I will be looking forward to seeing some of those Georgia artifacts.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Welcome to AH.com :welcome:
        I look forward to seeing those finds you have from Ohio, and the new ones I am sure your going to find.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome Beth! Going to be fun to see what your Dad collected over the years.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

:welcome: from Rhode Island, Beth.
            Rhode Island

Comment

And a welcome from Connecticut as well! This is a great place to learn Beth!
                :welcome:
              Southern Connecticut

Comment

Posted by [Hi-Lo]:

Welcome from southern Ontario Beth.

Comment

Here's a big'o' hidie hi there from Texas.

Receiving a collection from family is great, but there is nothing like finding that really great ONE that would define a centerpiece of a collection.
                    Oh and you ain't the only one who cant go anywhere without scanning the area for pointy rocks or "specimens" of fossils. Wait till your group all step over a G10 [G10 high grade of pointy rock] just laying there on the ground and you were the only one who saw it.
                    :welcome:
                  Jess B.
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                  X