Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New From Northern CT

Hello All,

New here to the forum and arrowhead hunting. Been doing metal detecting for some time and until recently didn't even know there was such thing as arrowhead hunting. Have always been very in to Native American culture so Inam excited to get started. I live in Hartford, CT and would appreciate any tips you can give or even to meet some others local to the area.

Ryan

Welcome to the forum
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome,
      Many good folks here from your area and lots and lots of posts and useful information here that you will find quite helpful.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to The Site Ryan.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome from Rhode Island. We have quite a few members here from southern New England. Not familiar with sites in the Hartford area, but find agricultural fields near fresh water, get permission, and good luck. Use Google Earth or Google Maps. Lots of farms in Ct., just never hunted any....
          Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ryan. How long have you been swinging the coil? And what detector do you use?
            We have a detecting section here and I could sure you some help entertaining these folks. http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/o...detecting-gc29
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Bruce,

I have been detecting for about three years but don't make it out to do it nearly as much as I'd like. I use a White's MXT. Have been looking to move on to a new coil but haven't determined which one yet.

Comment

Welcome Nor'Easter from an Illinois Nor'Easter...If you are a metal detector like Bruce then you guys will have a lot of common ground...again welcome...
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

The CT river passes right by your way. That was an ancient highway, trade network, source of resources and then some. It was the easiest way to travel prior to contact with white settlers who stole all the river front land first and crushed native sites under foot. Look to that big river and it's tributaries for farm fields nearby. I stuck to the western part of CT hunting Milford to New Milford along the Housatonic and it's tributaries.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Ryan, welcome from SE VA!
                    Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome! Now get out and enjoy the outdoors before it freezes up. That close to the North Pole, you ice over any day!
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome. Glad you are here. Anxious to see some of your finds.
                          South Dakota

Comment

Welcome to AH.com
                            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                            X