New guy from Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy from Tennessee

Hey guys. My name is Marshall. I I'm from middle Tennessee. I've lurking on the site for a little while now and really enjoy the knowledge and help y'all give each other. I be been finding points for about half of my 37 years now. Mostly from walking creeks fishing and the occasional field or trail find. I'm not a straight up collector just one that loves finding artifacts and enjoying history. Hope to learn more here and maybe share some knowledge along the way. Anyway here's some pictures of some of my latest finds

welcome aboard

some nice finds youve got there
    i especially like the ancient cloths pin

just funing ya
    but i think that rock that is with the cloths pin is just a rock

Comment

Those r some really nice points u have picked up .... what r u calling them ?? The first and the last pic look natural IMO ....
      welcome to arrowheads.com from NWArkansas
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Gotta agree with the guys that the first pic is just a rock, but that big kahuna is a beaut!! Welcome to the forum from SE VA.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome from east Tn! Those are some cool point your showing! I'm not so sure about the rock or what you think it may be though?
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome to The Site Marshall, and Awesome Point's!
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I don't know anything about classifying points or anything so I don't know the technical names people put on points. The clothes pin is petrified BTW. Lol. Yeah I believe the one is a rock nature made. Just one of those things that looked out of place so I took it home. I've got more points just gotta dig them out of there hiding places.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Marshall.
                I can see why you picked up this rock.
                It looks better this way but I kinda liked how you got it to defy gravity. Click image for larger version  Name:	image_30201.jpg Views:	1 Size:	234.6 KB ID:	257953
                Last edited by 2ndoldman; 08-09-2017, 09:24 AM.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome Marshall from Tennessee I'm Marshall from North Carolina. Can't wait to see your finds!
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Here's a few more that I have pictures of on my phone

Comment

Great finds Marshall thanks for sharing the pictures and welcome to arrowheads.com
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Mkinslow I'm guessing the bird effigy was a gift or purchased. I have one hiding somewhere that my grandpa gave me many years ago. Unfortunately those are modern made not ancient!

Thunderbird & Eagle Effigies Posted by [Painshill]: Thunderbird effigies (some call them eagle effigies) crop up again and again on the forum. Often they are
                        Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-30-2017, 12:38 PM.
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I was told it was fake. I found the effigy myself at a place in Lawrence county Tennessee. But I also found out about a year later that someone supposedly placed quite a few fake artifacts there so no one would find another spot that was a camp. I don't know for sure but I know I didn't go back after I heard the story and that's the only one I have from there so I'm not out anything. Anyway thanks for the welcome guys and happy hunting

Comment

Welcome Marshall
                            South Dakota

Comment

Welcome Marshall.
                              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X