Hello from Middle TN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Middle TN!

New guy here from Middle TN, Williamson County. Been searching when I have time for the past 3 years. Haven't found a lot but I am really getting the itch now. Great site and look forward to reading and seeing about the history left behind.
    MidTennHunter

Welcome to the site and we all understand that itch.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

If it itches, scratch it & welcome from SE Virginia!
      Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome to Arrowheads.com
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome !

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
              There is only one way to scratch that itch my friend. GET OUT THERE NOW.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome to ah.com
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Hi MTH. I think I welcomed you when you posted that dandy Dalton the other day but thought I'd jump in and say howdy at the formal welcoming gate. Having lived in the Nashville area in the past and returning there quite often I will offer a few comments regarding Williamson County hunting: Man, if you had only been around there 50 or 60 years ago when much of the county was not a suburb of Nashville and there were still farms that actually tilled the land and not turned many of the remaining fields into cow pastures. If you had then your hunting could be 1000 times more productive. It can really be challenging to find sites that you can hunt near any big city these days. Walking creek banks of small streams may be one of the few ways one can find points nowadays in your area. And that is not without its problems as often it is tough to find landowners these days in order to obtain permission. Much of the land has become so subdivided that once before a single landowner might own a long stretch of stream bank nowadays the same distance could be owned by many landowners. That situation is probably not as bad in the western or southwestern parts of the county where land use changes haven't been as pronounced. Good luck in your hunting. If it were me I would be inclined to do my searching for new sites in more rural counties to the southwest of the Nashville area. You are likely to find cow pastures in the place of corn fields there too, but the farms will likely have remained larger. And I will offer you a tip/advice about hunting since you seem to be fairly new to the hobby regarding walking stream banks. In Tennessee when it comes to small streams, the adjacent landowner owns the stream bottom to the middle of the stream and if the stream cuts through his property then he owns the whole stream bottom at that point. The state owns the water column and the fish in it so one can take a canoe down the stream and fish but you can not legally get out on the land and trespass without the landowner's permission. The rocks on his land belong to him and ones needs his permission before taking them. Some landowners may not care but I've found that many landowners do. We have other members of this forum who are farmers and hunt artifacts on their own lands.

Comment

Welcome
                    South Dakota

Comment

Welcome from Illinois, good luck.

Comment

Welcome from Fentress Co.

Comment

Hey ya MTH - Welcome Aboard from Pickett County, Tennessee. Let's see whatcha got.
                          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
                          X