No announcement yet.

New member from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from sunny southwestern Ontario.

Comment

Welcome
      South Dakota

Comment

Thanks everyone. I can see a Kanawha resemblance now that I am looking at the samples. I guess whats throwing me off is (A.) I'm an amatuer and (B.) On my point, the stem is straight as it extends down for a bit, then expands into bifurcated lobes. In other words has an extended bifurcating base. Most of the Kanawha have the small bifurcated base just immediately coming down without a stem. Now that I'm looking... Nansemond looks and is described exactly as this point. The stem extends down before expanding into bifurcated lobes. The shoulders do have a slight upward angle. Anyone else have input? Thanks! I also notice that cell phone pics don't represent its true dimensions. And I cant get the images to face up and down...

Comment

I wish to add my welcome to our forum. I'm not able to help with the typology but I think that the opinion by CMD deserves great consideration.

Comment

Yeah, I stick to the western shore of the lower Chesapeake. Many of the Bay's tributaries empty within my county-- the York, Piankatank & Rappahannock-- all good Indian names for a reason. Nearby is an offshore paleo channel that throws artifacts up on the beach during a good blow.
            All the farmland here is no-till so I don't bother. Another place to look is NC's Outer Banks. Off-season with winds mostly out of the N & NE you can find artifacts washed up that are quite amazing considering the environment they've been sloshing around in.
            Child of the tides

Comment

• dmac3629
              dmac3629 commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting, Thanks. I wouldn't have thought to check coastline. There's so much around here near the upper Chesapeake as well... Just have to pick some locations and start looking I guess!

Originally posted by sailorjoe View Post
            I wish to add my welcome to our forum. I'm not able to help with the typology but I think that the opinion by CMD deserves great consideration.
            Thanks. Actually sneaky first suggested Kanawha. They're very rare up here, so I don't have much experience either. I have only found one, but it does have a stem area, lobes, and a tiny bifurcation, as have others I have seen from southern New England.....
            Rhode Island

Comment

Here is a Susquehanna from Maryland...

Comment

• dmac3629
                dmac3629 commented
                Editing a comment
                wow that's beautiful!!!

Here is another Susquehanna from the Chesapeake/Eastern Virginia..
              Last edited by TSUMS; 09-26-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

*also, loved you in that #5 Arkansas Razorbacks jersey!!!
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
                X