Hello from the Skagit Valley in Northern Washington State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Skagit Valley in Northern Washington State

My name is Kitty I'm an artist in Washington State and a fellow ground looker. I normally hunt agates but quickly switched my attention when I started noticing what appeared to be hand worked rocks. Facinated with the thought that in my hand is a preistoric tool created by another human that was so viable to their very existence. I'm currently educating myself on how to identify Paleolitic tools as well as how they were made and their uses. I've much to learn! I'm excited to join your forum and share my findings in hopes of furthering my ablity in how to identify an artifact from a rock. With much thanks, Kitty

Welcome to the arrowheads.com forums Kitty. Looking through the pages of this forum will help you know what to look for in the fields and streams. Best of luck: I hope you find many artifacts.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Welcome from NW Arkansas
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

Hi Kitty. Yeah, what Ron said! Post some pics of your agates and anything else please.
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Welcome from southwestern Ontario.

Comment

Welcome Kitty. Share whatever you find!
            South Dakota

Comment

Hi Kitty!Welcome from SE VA. We enjoy seeing all kinds of finds & look forward to seeing your agates.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome Kitty, from the middle of Arkansas... there is a literal treasure trove of knowledge amongst the membership here. (Not talking about me). I have been collecting for 40+ years, and joined up here this past spring. I have learned more in these six months about lithics/stone artifacts than the entire rest of my life.

dont be afraid to post pics and ask questions. :-)
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kitty, I am just north of you on Vancouver island.
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kitty
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome Kitty. Some beautiful artifacts come out of your area of the country. Please feel free to share what you find and ask away.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I spend a lot of time in rivers and woods, if fact if I don't come off a mountain with a burr in my hair it's a bad day. So I hope I don't wear out my welcome cause I've got lots of show and tell, and ask. kitty

Comment

• Jethro355
                            Jethro355 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If my stupid question haven’t worn out a welcome, I doubt you can.👍
                        Working...
                        X