Hello from New England/East Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New England/East Mass

Hello and thank you from eastern mass. I've enjoyed reading this site for at least four years, signed up back then but sure i hadnt posted till now. I'll try to add value if I can moving forward.

Ive always loved the outdoors, nature and history, since my youth playing in "the woods", hunting, fishing, hiking and a love of reading non fiction, especially history/pre-history. Ive found more time for the outdoors in recent years but hunting/fishing much less and hiking much more. I enjoy trying to read the land and speculate on the native americans who left their mark in my neighborhood, the places I hunted/fished, and the trails Ive hiked. I keep an eye out on the surface for artifacts and it's an honor, and fascinating, to find things left by the original pioneers, the natives. My finds aren't museum worthy, but are priceless to me and might add value to local knowledge. Blades of all types and sizes are the most common finds, most are left where they lie, occasionally an unbroken point, pestle, adze, fire cracked rocks and workshop debitage. There are few statues or monuments honoring/acknowledging these pioneers, a shame, not even a holiday. But they are remembered and honored here, thats what kept me visiting, thank you!

Location - Eastern Massachu

welcome to arrowheads.com
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome glad you decided to jump in!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from NW ARKANSAS
          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

Welcome from SE VA & don't wait so long to jump into the fray next time! Lol!!
            Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome from Rhode Island.
              Rhode Island

Comment

That is a great introduction. I hope to be able to enjoy seeing some of your finds soon.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome and glad You like The Site. Not sure if You seen but Gregory Perino is on here, well Youtube video and I think Matt Rowe recorded it. I would like to see Your Find's.sometime.
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome from southeastern mass!! I'm excited to see your finds as well!
                    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Welcome from North Central Mass. Looking forward to seeing what you've found.

Comment

Welcome to the site
                        South Dakota

Comment

Thanks for the welcome on my post. I thought I would reply with a welcome of my own. I laughed when reading your intro and the comment about your finds not being museum quality but none the less valuable to you. I was asked once did I sell my finds. My reply was a resounding hell no. I told the guy if I charged for the time I walked a field with 20 pounds of mud on each boot to find just one decent point he couldn't afford my stuff. I am going to post some pics of my stuff when I get some time. Anyhow welcome to the site. Hope you will find it helpful. It seems like there is a good bunch here and they are very knowledgeable about all aspects of the hobby.

Comment

Welcome to ah.com
                            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Awassamog - glad you're here.
                              Last edited by Scorpion68; 12-10-2017, 09:54 AM.
                              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
                              X