Trespassing sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trespassing sign

Hi, I am not sure if it is okay to knock the door if there is a "no trespassing" sign.. Is it okay to knock their door to ask their permission before go on their land? I just want to respect their space.

Perfect ask they can tell you one way or otherwise but you know we're you stand
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

That is good to know. Thank you for your response!

Comment

You Guy's may have Your Own Fact's and Opinion's but a Stranger's Place with No Trespassing (or Purple Paint marked as N.T.) I better have a good Reason to walk on Their Land. If They walked out Calling The Law ETC. that wouldn't surprise Me.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I agree with Josh. I know that laws differ from state to state. Where I live it is not legal to step one foot on the property without permission if it is posted.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

If the sign on the road or driveway leading to the residence is no trespassing then respect it . Now days with the high price of ammo no warning shots are fired

Comment

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              Good point Dennis. Walking up to the house to ask permission could be a violation of the law.

• krispy
              krispy commented
              Editing a comment
              That is what I am nervous about. Thank you everyone for your opinions. I think it is safer to not knock their door if there is a sign

Smart decision, especially if they're strangers.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Are the signs posted along the property line or does the guy have his driveway lined with them? Big difference. I don’t think it’s trespassing if your there to ask the guy a question, if your sneaking around his property or driving up trying to sell him something them signs probably apply,lol. Bring along a frame of points, drive up with a smile and a wave, if the owners give you the chance tell them what your about and show them what you do to preserve the artifacts you find. I certainly wouldn’t expect to get shot just because I wanted to ask somebody if it was ok to walk around a field or something.... at least around here! And just think, No trespassing signs could mean average joe public ain’t hunting the spot, so if you happened to get permission then....
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Don't forget to look, listen, and sniff around for signs of that large attack dog before opening the gate - some are trained to stay quite. A chicken leg in your shirt pocket could buy you a few steps..
                If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

If it’s a small town you can always start with the local folks .Feel the situation out . Hey you know the guy down at the fork of the road type question . We have them posted all over the place and on our gate .
                  But if people asked around town about us it would be about people hunting or disturbing the land .

Comment

Working...
                  X