Hi From California Bay Area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From California Bay Area

Greetings. My name is Jon and I live in the San Francisco Bay area, in an area where the Miwok Indians lived. A neighbor showed me three Flint knappings that her landscaper found digging around in the yard. I had never heard of anybody finding arrowheads around here so I was intrigued.
    Another neighbor tore down their house and was digging up all the dirt so I asked if I could look around see if I could find anything. Every day for about the last week I would stop at the lot before hiking up on my daily hike.I didn’t find anything right away, but after a couple days of looking, I ended up finding a broken arrow head up on the hill path I take every day. I probably passed it regularly for Months. The next day I found a broken piece of a flint napping in the dirt lot. Anyway, I decided to log into this form and see if anyone else has experience finding arrowheads in the San Francisco Bay area, or more specifically Marin County. I’ll post a picture of the arrowhead in another section of the Forum.

Welcome rrom east Tn!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome to The Forum Jon. There was a Guy from California posting a bit while back but haven't seen Him around.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hi Jon, from NE Kentucky! Glad to have you aboard!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Jon - I read your other post first. That's quite an intro.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads. Com Jon
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I saw your utube post really cool . Lots of obsidian there . I grew up in the SoCal and as beautiful as it is to us it was to them . Food , water great land and weather .

Comment

Welcome!
                Gary

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com... you may have caught the bug. It doesn’t go away, and the symptoms typically include a mean neck tan (from looking down), strained eyes, and you’ll find yourself looking at rocks in parking lots. Don’t ask me why lol.

Anyways great story and I hope to see your first finds soon!
                  I’d have a beer with the jacks reef people

Comment

Well I have my first injury :-).
                    I was looking down along the trail and walked into an overhanging branche, a good whack to my head and landed flat on my ass. Lol

Comment

Working...
                    X