Hi From California Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From California Bay Area

Greetings. My name is Jon and I live in the San Francisco Bay area, in an area where the Miwok Indians lived. A neighbor showed me three Flint knappings that her landscaper found digging around in the yard. I had never heard of anybody finding arrowheads around here so I was intrigued.
    Another neighbor tore down their house and was digging up all the dirt so I asked if I could look around see if I could find anything. Every day for about the last week I would stop at the lot before hiking up on my daily hike.I didn’t find anything right away, but after a couple days of looking, I ended up finding a broken arrow head up on the hill path I take every day. I probably passed it regularly for Months. The next day I found a broken piece of a flint napping in the dirt lot. Anyway, I decided to log into this form and see if anyone else has experience finding arrowheads in the San Francisco Bay area, or more specifically Marin County. I’ll post a picture of the arrowhead in another section of the Forum.

Welcome rrom east Tn!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome to The Forum Jon. There was a Guy from California posting a bit while back but haven't seen Him around.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hi Jon, from NE Kentucky! Glad to have you aboard!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Welcome Aboard Jon - I read your other post first. That's quite an intro.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads. Com Jon
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I saw your utube post really cool . Lots of obsidian there . I grew up in the SoCal and as beautiful as it is to us it was to them . Food , water great land and weather .

Comment

Welcome!
                South Dakota

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com... you may have caught the bug. It doesn’t go away, and the symptoms typically include a mean neck tan (from looking down), strained eyes, and you’ll find yourself looking at rocks in parking lots. Don’t ask me why lol.

Anyways great story and I hope to see your first finds soon!
                  Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Well I have my first injury :-).
                    I was looking down along the trail and walked into an overhanging branche, a good whack to my head and landed flat on my ass. Lol

Comment

Greetings from the San Francisco Peninsula! I recently got into this hobby and have been getting a few on Ebay!

Comment

• Broken Arrow
                        Broken Arrow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Welcome to the forum. You should create your own post in the welcome to the forum section. We would love to see your finds. Be careful on ebay, there are a whooooole lot of fakes on there. If you are interested in buying, we have dealers and shops on the site.

Hi Jon you have a great start. Now you gone done it boom.
                      Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

Hey from nutmeg state... welcome
                        SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome aboard, from the middle of Arkansas....can’t wait to see what you find out there!

(love Marin County, pretty much all of NoCal, but it’s a lot of people out there.!)
                          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome from south NJ
                            New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                            X