Another new Tarheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new Tarheel

Hey Folks! Been pokin around for a bit about this stuff and seems like this is gonna be a "thing" so thought I better sign up since I don't have a clue what I'm doin. I know I ain't huntin edible critters like I'm s'posed to be cause I can't quit lookin at the ground down at the hunt club. It's a great location for this I think. Just a little South of the Uwharries, mostly timber company land so it gets churned and cleared somewhat regular. Plenty of high ground next to several water sources. Lotsa springs, a big creek and 2 rivers. The older members have scoured it pretty well but I don't think they've got it all.
    ..I'm really hoping the creek hunting I've seen on the 'Tube isn't just another "snipe hunt" cause Duck sez they've never messed around in the creeks, just on land.
    ..Anyways, figgered I'd check in. Gonna post my first coupla days piddly mess in the proper forum after a bit and see if there's anything 'sides junk-n-rocks innit. I'll try not to be too much of a pest. Hehehe. d;^)
    Lexington to the Sortof Southernmost Uwharries of NC. Jake..

Hey Hawg welcome from Connecticut ...put pics up that's why we're here man....much knowledge from members here ...I'm learning constantly,
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, sit back and enjoy the forum
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

I like you already! Somebody who types in a southern accent, and has a sense of humor! Howdy from Kentucky - where the hogs are cured, the sorghum grows and everything is bourbon flavored!

Last edited by Kentucky point; 10-20-2018, 01:54 PM.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Welcome Aboard Hawg. Glad to have ya and like KP - I think you're gonna fit in nicely. Do the huntin' - pick up the stuff - and post 'em on here for us'ns to see.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
            I like you already! Somebody who types in a southern accent, and has a sense of humor!
            Yessir, somebody "above my pay-grade" once said somethin about not spellin everything the same as the rest. Hehehe. d;^)
            And I wholeheartedly agree with Gen Lee's quote. Around these parts we call it "the cost of continuing education".

Thanks for the welcome, fellas. Still just pokin around tryin to absorb some of the nomenclature of the hobby so's I at least have half a chance at describin what it is I'm tryin to figger out. Been sniffin around Jim Maus' site a bit since he's local and his writing style is suitable to me. Somma the more "scholarly" writings can get a bit tedious to us 80's kinda kids.

Comment

Welcome HawgBonz glad to have you here! I hunt mostly around Mecklenburg and Buncombe counties. Look foward to seeing your finds.
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome!
                South Dakota

Comment

Hey Hawg welcome to arrowheads.com
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome to the forum HB from SE VA!
                    Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome from central NC! This is a great site for help and advice!
                      Central North Carolina

Comment

Hello, Hawg! Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome Hawg!
                          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Ohio...

Comment

Thanks much for the welcomes, folks! d:^)

Comment

Working...
                              X