New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

I am new here and actually came across this site by accident. I have been a arrowhead hunter all my life, but have not done it very much in the last 25 years. Most of my finds were found when I was a teen. My father and I use to hunt farm fields in Western Nebraska and Eastern Wyoming. Where I live now it is mostly state or blm land, so I can't hunt there. The private land around here most people don't let you hunt on them either. I would like to get back into arrowhead hunting, but it probably won't happen here. I do rock hunt here, which is allowed on blm and I have found some good stuff.

Welcome in here!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

These are some of the points I found.

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Site Flyin66! What is that centerpiece in 3rd pic all about? Nice Collection

• flyin66comet
        flyin66comet commented
        Editing a comment
        . JoshinMO the middle one in the third frame is a preform, this is what George Frison told me. I always thought it was a knife and the white one above it, the white one above it is actually a Scottsbluff Point.

Welcome Aboard Flyin66comet - We're glad to have ya. Nice collection ya got started there. It's a shame you can't artifact hunt in your area. I'd go nuts if I couldn't hunt here. You can show your rocks cause I'm sure we got some rockhounds in our membership.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina!
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank You to everybody for the welcome.

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina

Comment

Welcome and some nice finds you have there . Thanks for joining us and hope you find some ground to hunt.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice. Collection. Welcome from CT.
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

I bet there is plenty of memories in those frames better be careful cause you might get the hunt fever again 🤩 Welcome from Georgia
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                        Lindenmeier-Man commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very nice Eden type Cody complex Scottbluff! Excellent Folsom! In pic 2, looks like very nice Golondrina right of the Folsom. Great paleo points........JJ

• Lindenmeier-Man
                        Editing a comment
                        I can’t get a really good look at the two points to the right of the Scotty & Folsom...I think a Golondrina ,and next right point prehaps a Hell Gap.
                        I can’t enlarge the pic enough to see very well on those two....

Wow! You still have access to Grandpas land? Those are both beauties!
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I sure don't anymore, my grandparents been gone for 10 years. He did show me were he found the Folsoms and where the Scottsbluff point was found by his brother. He had two perfect Folsoms but lost one. The Folsoms were found together in the same place and the Scottsbluff was about two miles away.

Comment

The point right of the Folsom is partially fluted on the other side. I don't know of that helps on identifying it. I should have taken better pictures, sorry about that.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                            Editing a comment
                            When you get time, take a pic of the two to the right of the Folsom. Both sides of both points plz ...
                        Working...
                        X