Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in South Dakota

Hey everyone,

Moved to NE SD from Southeast Missouri where the Mississippi Delta soils and it’s copious arrowhead population treated me well. Looking to continue my passion for roaming fields and finding a few heads. Any tips or trades about searching for arrowheads up this way would be very helpful.

I knew what to look for back home, but due to the fact that I am now in a landscape shaped by glaciers and wetlands, I am unaware of what to look for. Figured that since there is currently a few feet of snow on the ground, I might as well ask for some help in the off-season!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome from Connecticut
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome!
        Look for higher sites with well drained soils near water sources. Also check out the gravel bars in creeks and rivers but remember to do so with permission in and on all.
        Check through some of the threads in this section, some really great advice:
        Not having any luck? Want to know how to find a promising site? Ask away. Share your own tips and advice on where and when to look, and what to look for.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hi SEM, Welcome in here!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Welcome to The Site SEMO36!
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina I love NE SD. Hope spring comes sooner then later!
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome! You must be my neighbor. You can’t get much more NE than me.
                South Dakota

Comment

• SEMO36
                  SEMO36 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You sound like your a tad NE of me. I live in Webster.

• SDhunter
                  SDhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes north and west actually. I’m in Britton. I’ll be able to give you a heads up.
              Working...
              X