Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glacial Pebble
    replied
    Welcome from NWPA, glad you joined! Love seeing Kentucky relics!

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky point
    replied
    Welcome, from another Kentuckian!

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Welcome Steve from the soggy flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois. Nice finds also...agree on the Cobbs ID...looks like it has been reworked some also....

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Welcome from Georgia

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Welcome Steve and agree with Josh, nice introduction.

Leave a comment:

• JoshinMO
    replied
    Welcome to The Forum Steve. Nice Introduction and Find's, larger one look's like a Cobb's. Most of Us have a very similar Story like Your's, just wanting to get out and discover The Past.

Leave a comment:

• SteveKY
    started a topic Your very first finds what got it all started

Your very first finds what got it all started

Hello everyone I have just recently joined and enjoy reading and seeing what everyone is finding. The wealth of knowledge and different positive opinions everyone has to offer is amazing!!! What a great bunch we have here I feel fortunate to be apart.
    As I’m reading and learning on how all this works I came across the question on how long I’ve been collecting and hunting. 🤔 Then I realize I had been collecting long before I got the fever to hunt. Raised on a small tobacco farm we worked in the fields 3 to 4 times a week and at the age of 10 or 11 never really giving any thought to artifacts (and with no mention of our local history in the school curriculum) was ignorant to rich history we have in our area. So when I stumbled across these two pieces I wasn’t sure what I had but knew they where special so I held on to them and picked up a few more along the way almost thirty years later I think back of all the ones I missed.
    Just wanted to share my first finds and what really got it all started. And would be interested in others stories on what got it going what made y’all stomp through the mud, wade the creeks, and come home excited with just flakes ready to do it again.
Working...
X