Hello Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone!

Hello all... I've been following the site for awhile now, reading and gathering all the info you all put forth into it and have enjoyed reading the forums here, checking out all of the different finds, and getting to know how many of you are out there that share this same fascinating hobby and addiction. I figured it was time to introduce myself. I'm just a small town country boy from the backroads of North Central Iowa that has always been interested in artifacts, history, geology, fossils and the love of the outdoors but it wasn't until this spring, after having a life altering situation, that I started putting some serious time into looking for sites and hunting for arrowheads and anything I could find, really. It's been my way of taking a break away from the world and really enjoying some time to myself and the true beauty of things that get so overlooked in life. I began blind but started researching my local history plus with the help of some ol boys who have lead me in the right direction, I have found a few areas that are starting to show that my research, huntches, and "lay of the land" observations are starting to pay off. I've walked miles of river banks, crop fields, and creek beds and am starting to feel I'm getting pretty warm to some awesome finds! I have picked up several items so far. A couple points, a few heart breaks, a lot of pieces & chips as well as some fossils, agates, and what i call mystery rocks. Seems like everytime I venture out I find something a little more interesting than before, come home with more weight in my pockets than before and the want to get right back out to do it again. I just wanted to say thanks, share a few pics of my finds so far this year and wish you all the best of luck in your hunts and can't wait to have more to show and tell from my beautiful state of Iowa!
    Attached Files

Welcome aboard!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Good Intro and Welcome to The Forum Hawkeye!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Glad you have joined us and a great intro. Look forward to seeing more of your finds.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to forum from Ga. and looks like the research paid off with some nice finds
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome to the madness! Had a great steak in Marshaltown once upon a time.
            Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Welcome to our forum. Looks like you got a lot of cool things to find in Iowa!
              Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome!
                South Dakota

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut...nice finds there
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia and good luck out there
                      NW Georgia,