Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northest Ohio! Any members from around here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Northest Ohio! Any members from around here?

Hello! My name is Kyle. Just joined. I have been hunting creek beds (and the occasional field) ever since I can remember. I have never had any luck finding an artifact. I’ve done some research about whittelsea people and have hunted in and around the Cuyahoga Valley National Park as I have lived near it my whole life.

Anybody else from around here? Anybody had any success? Would love to see pictures of Northeast Ohio finds. Any tips you could give me? Is this area a lost cause?

Thank you so much. Excited to learn from the experienced guys on this forum. It’s an honor to be here.

Welcome from Ga, we also have some lady artifact hunters that are knowledgeable on artifacts also.
    Last edited by willjo; 07-07-2019, 08:51 PM.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Hello and welcome . I must inform you hunting in national parks and forests is illegal. Find a friendly farmer who will let you walk his fields with permisson. Ask locals where to look. Join the local historical society and ask there about people who collect in your area.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from Georgia
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome Kyle! Hoss offered some good suggestions. Also spend some time in the library and go through early histories of the area if it has them and check out local museums.
          Spend some time browsing through this section of the forum. A lot of great ideas and help here.
          Not having any luck? Want to know how to find a promising site? Ask away. Share your own tips and advice on where and when to look, and what to look for.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from SW Ohio! My wife is from Cleveland and I'd like to look up that way sometime when I'm visiting inlaws and fishing in the Chagrin and Cuyahoga rivers. There were earthen mounds and earthworks all up the Cuyahoga valley from Woodland times, as well numerous American Indian towns in historic times. The Cuyahoga was used as a water trail that connected Lake Erie to the Ohio River valley via a portage to the Muskingum River drainage, and was a pretty busy thoroughfare in old times. One would think that artifacts have to be there!

Comment

Working...
            X