New to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this forum

I used to belong to a similar forum but life got in the way and now that I am retired I find out the old site is gone!
    I joined here and find out a friend I was attempting to get re established with has passed. Bummer and one helluva first post!
    Background: I am formerly from CT (Now New Smyrna Beach Florida) and a retired Chevy mechanic for 25 years and cop for 18 years! My formal education is in wildlife ecology with BS and MS Degrees. Go figure! I only used the degree free lance and worked for most states on the eastern seaboard and environmental organizations like USFWS, USDA and the Nature Conservancy.
    I used to hunt for arrowheads as a kid but found out it was far easier to knap them myself than to find them although I did find a few!
    I have knapped with Jeff Kalin, Scott Silsby and Aire Tsirk if the names ring any bells. I have also recently found out that Scott Silsby and Aire Tsirk have also passed.
    So now I am in New Smyrna Beach Florida in my grandfathers house. My first visit here was 1959 and the area has sure changed but unfortunately not for the better.
    I hope to meeet some members at the local knap ins like Sop Choppy and Crytal River.. AmI missing any? Glad to be here and I hope I have something to add! Forgot to mention; my screen name should be bogman and on the old forum was bogman102 if anyone rembers. I will attempt to corect this or contact the administrators.
    Last edited by bogman; 07-21-2019, 01:16 PM.

Welcome Bogman!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

welcome I 'm a newbe too
      Wyoming

Comment

Glad to have you bognan I mean bogman just hoping you have a good sense of humor, welcome from Georgia
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome to the site.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

(from Arkansas)
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Did you know jeff tottenham or cant remeber the other guys first name maybe john cianfarini. Both passed both from CT i did meet Kalin on a couple of occasions. Welcome to arrowheads.com i grew up in Shelton. Slogged a lot of ground from Milford to Cornwall and trkbutaries ofnthe Housy
              Last edited by Hoss; 07-13-2019, 09:58 PM.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hoss, Sorry but I have not heard of them.

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut bogman
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

Sorry, bogman, I posted my own introduction into your exchange out of technical ignorance. Oops!
                    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Welcome
                      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                      X