Howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hey guys! Thanks for being added. I went out hunting for the first time about 40 years ago in RI (and got very lucky) but I haven't done a heck of a lot since then. I'm currently living in Virginia at the southern tip of the Delmarva Peninsula. Darned few freshwater creeks here, but there are plenty of tidal creeks, numerous farm fields, (mostly unplowed) huge marshes, tidal flats, and uninhabited barrier islands. The islands have been hunted hard, but they're constantly migrating and being turned over by storms; I hope to get out there this winter and do a little poking around. Seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here to learn from, and I hope to be able to contribute something once I get going again.

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see a Virginian on here...I used to live in Culpeper and I miss the place.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Welcome nice avatar LOL Do you still have the finds from RI. We would love to see them.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome in, Peter!
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Welcome Peter! Look forward to seeing those future finds.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hello Santa !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Many thanks for the warm welcome, folks. Hoss, I'm glad you like my avatar. That's the outfit I plan to wear when I run for political office next year. I'll probably lose to some other clown, but I'll bet it gets me on TV. Seriously, I've still got a few artifacts from RI kicking around here; I'll post them when I get a chance. I'm going up there on the 12th, and there are a few creeks I'd like to check out. I used to do a lot of trout fishing, and I'm pretty familiar with the terrain. Again, thanks for the welcome. It's nice to find a forum where members aren't biting each other's heads off.

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                OK but just so you know we do not discuss politics on Arrowheads.com. Good luck in your endeavor but please keep the politics out of it.

Welcome
              South Dakota

Comment

No problem, Hoss, just kidding. Seriously, I've left a lot of forums because of members who just can't resist the urge to crow about whatever political philosophy they subscribe to. It's nice to have a refuge from all that crap.

Comment

• Cecilia
                  Cecilia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Here, mostly just crowing ‘bout who’s got the biggest point!
              Working...
              X