Hi I am new and buy from ebay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I am new and buy from ebay!

Hi Guys I just joined today because I would like to learn more about points I just got my first today from eBay and I’m very satisfied and I ordered more from other sellers that are very reputable here is my first photos I welcome any comments thanks
    cometman

cometman your point is modern and you posted as a piggy back on another welcome post.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I am moving your post to it's very own topic.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yup, it’s a modern piece made in Gujarat, India.

If you are interested in collecting modern knapped pieces, take a peak at the workmanship by a couple of knappers here. I have a frame of points by some well known knappers that are true masters of breaking rock.

If you are interested in collecting ancient knapped pieces, your first piece should be a lesson on what to avoid. 100% feedback is easy if you accept returns, it doesn’t imply or guarantee authentic relics.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Cotton1961
          Cotton1961 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I used to buy from eBay but I’ve found some hi end collectors and buy their middle end stuff and their points from the south eastern States that they don’t want and it works out good for me and them!!!

This ! This is what kills the collecting community ! My Gawd...
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

There are plenty of good sellers on eBay, and plenty of genuine ancient artifacts on eBay. But, if you are not very experienced with genuine projectile points, and other flaked stone artifacts, it is more likely to be a mine field or crap shoot. And you don't want to be buying from the position of a novice, because then it's a crap shoot. It's best to have lots of experience handling the real deal before one builds a collection from eBay. Or, really, before collecting with one's wallet at all. Nothing wrong with purchasing artifacts. I surface hunt for my own, but have also purchased at times. It needs to be approached from a position of experience.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Well, that didn’t go as planned.🤫
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• pkfrey
              pkfrey commented
              Editing a comment
              Jethro, That just struck me as funny! Nope, didn't go as planned is right, but I hope the new guy, Cometman, takes this advice on a positive note, and hasn't bought anything else, yet.

• Jethro355
              Jethro355 commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too, Paul. I am not a fan of eBay, and I did some looking on there for artifacts...and with only a cursory knowledge and a little time, one could easily pick out 95% of the fakes.

I hope this guy sticks around because I like his name.👍

Welcome. Hope you learn here some important information.
            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X