Been Gone Awhile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been Gone Awhile!

Hi everyone! Not a new member here but figured I would re-welcome myself to the forum. I see lots of new members have joined while I've been absent so figured instead of welcoming each individual I would make a post introducing myself...

​​​​​​My name is Josh and I've been collecting for roughly 12-13 years now. I mainly collect artifacts from my Home state of Kentucky but have expanded that to include TN and surrounding states. Collecting artifacts has been an adventure for me and I've learned so much by being apart of this forum and continue to try to grow my knowledge of this hobby I enjoy so much. I also enjoy flint-knapping , primitive skills and just being outdoors in general.

I remained a pretty active member untill around December of last year when life really seemed to catch up to me. I took on a new position at work and picked up on hours. I also wanted to try to devote more time to my home life being I'm the father of 3 children ages 1,3 and 6. The break has been good for me, and I even found time to picking back up another hobby of mine in playing the Bass Guitar. So I've been jamming (or feebly trying to) lots of Grand funk Railroad and The Who as well as lots of 12 bar blues lol.

I'm glad to be back on the forum although I expect my participation to remain somewhat subdued compared to how I use to participate. Hoping to get to know all you newer members and looking forward on catching up with all of my old friends!

PS. I also changed my Avatar to a picture I had from a visit with friends to Mcclung Museum in Knoxville TN. Those are the piercing eyes of Sandy the Mississipian stone statue plowed up from a field in Wilson co. Tn...

​​​​​​​https://tennesseearchaeologycouncil....tate-artifact/
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Hey Josh, It's good to see you on the forum again. Ask the family and work to give us a small slice of your time Buddy. I always look forward to your posts.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron! I'll see if they'll put it in my contract. Lol

Who is this? Lol
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Just kidding my brother good hearing from you the other day. We miss you but we know life has a a way of taking over sometimes.

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny!!! Good to hear from you too!

Hey Josh! Glad to see you pop in for a chat!
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Deb!

Looks like to me your going to have a crew to take arrowhead hunting..
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, I can cover more area this way😈
      Last edited by Kyflintguy; 09-05-2019, 03:28 PM.

I have also been absent without leave Josh.
    Good to see you back.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to be back Bruce! Yes, sometimes a break is just a nesacary thing.

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to see you too Bruce

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Josh a break is always a good thing.
      Matt, I am still dealing with the idiot who owns the Canadian metal detecting forum. It makes it hard to be enthusiastic about posting when you have a hater pestering your every post.
      I am currently doing a charity drive raising money for a breast cancer Foundation and he is causing havoc there.
Working...
X