Hello all. Northeast Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. Northeast Illinois

We live in South Elgin, Illinois, about 35 miles west of Chicago. My son is an avid outdoorsman, mostly collector of fossils, but anything plant or animal related also. In studying native Americans in school (8th grade) he picked up an interest turned obsession (typical) in Native American artifacts. So I have had a little experience hunting in the past in West-Central Illinois ~25 years ago searching farm fields for tools and points. We have went out a few times locally and have yet to find anything anything but negative data lol. Would like to find spots in the area if possible and learn how to find more. So if there are any other Chicago area folks here that are interested in helping us or learning together etc drop me a note. With kid(s) is all the better AFAIC. We are accompanied in the field often by my 8 year old daughter and my wife. Also, if anyone has any experience in my neck of the woods, I'd love to hear of some successful tactics that work in this area.

First pic is my son displaying his Illinois fossils at the Burpee Museum of Natural History in Rockford, Illinois. Next would be a fantastic shrimp fossil he collected from NE Illinois, one of his prize possessions.

Welcome in here!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Welcome to Arrowheads.com forum pages.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from East TN!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome to the forum from coastal Virginia!
          Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome to the site. See you have already browsed some of the info available here. With a little time and effort you all will be finding artifacts soon. Hope to see some of them when you do.
            Awesome fossil collection!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great to see youngsters carrying on the fossil /artifact hobby tradition 👍🇺🇸

Comment

Hello, Matthew Ignoffo, Father of Precocious Probable-Prodigy. I’m learning on this site about artifacts; I like fossils, too, and I bet I could learn some stuff from your son!
                Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina.
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome from Southern New Jersey. I wonder how many members this site has! So nice to see new members still joining.
                    New Jersey

Comment

Welcome from Arkansas, good to have you here!👍👍
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome
                        South Dakota

Comment

Really cool shrimp!! Welcome!
                          North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                          X