Consumed.Amazed.Thankful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumed.Amazed.Thankful

First off hello and thanks for your time. My name is Jt and I'm located in NE Ohio. Just over a year ago I went out on my first hunt, I was fortunate enough to find one. Well after that it was off to the races so to speak. It's not just finding an artifact that I'm after. When I'm out there, I unwind. I forget about stress of work/life and get a clear perspective usually . Everyone needs something like this I think,whatever it may be. One can't help letting your mind wonder after you find something. The usual questions... Who was the last person to hold this? What was it being used for? What did the landscape look like when this took place? etc. In short I wanted to put my journey out there with like minded individuals and gain knowledge on what it is I'm doing/obtaining. I hope you find what it is you're looking for and learn something along the way. Till then
    Jt
    NE Ohio surface hunter

I find my best artifacts when im not really trying too hard it seems...its weird man..just keep on looking amd enjoying the time.out there...Red
    SW Connecticut

Comment

I know what you mean. Yes, It's an excellent hobby/field of study in my eyes. It is after all the history of this land . But that's a different discussion. Thanks!
      NE Ohio surface hunter

Comment

Welcome to the forum JT good to have you here.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• ZenWalker
          ZenWalker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir!

Welcome Jt, couldn't have said that better.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to our forum from Alabama. I wish you good luck in your continued hunting. I know what you mean about taking one's mind off daily stress. Additionall,,fshing and hunting does the same thing for those of us who have other outdoor hobbies. There is so much to learn in this hobby that the sky is the limit. The hunting is fun but I found the time spent in study and learning just as enjoyable as the finding if sometimes not more so especially, about the time you find your 500th field grade artifact and its hot and you turned your ankle when you fell or you get out to your favorite field site after a hard rain and find that someone already beat you there and had found all the easy to find stuff and left you with 5000 footprints in a 10 acre field.lol

Comment

• ZenWalker
            ZenWalker commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha! But yes I couldn't agree more, learning about it is undoubtedly just as rewarding to me.

Welcome from East TN!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Welcome JT I live in Hawaii but go to Georgia a couple times a year . I to share your thoughts and actually read up on my area . My mind wanders as I try to envision the camp , the people .
            Its so relaxing to take a walk in the fall and listen to nature and if your lucky find and artifact .
            warm welcome .

Comment

• ZenWalker
              ZenWalker commented
              Editing a comment
              You can come visit Ohio, take you to my spots.... if I can come to Hawaii lol🤗 thanks for the welcome.

Welcome from North Carolina. Show us the point you found, relax and walk, and find more awesome stones.
            North Carolina

Comment

Working...
            X