New Guy In Search of Knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy In Search of Knowledge

I stumbled on this site in search for information about a stash of arrowheads my Dad gave to me a long time ago. When I say stash, I mean about two 5 gallon bucket of whole and partial arrowheads and tools. My dad is 77 and collected the lion share in Kentucky corn and tobacco fields while the rest were collected when I was a young boy in tobacco fields in eastern NC near Pisgah and Maggie Valley. I have no idea about their history or culture background but some are quite spectacular and in very good condition and I am looking to gaining some knowledge and perspective from those you that would share such.

I have read the rules and requests for this site and will pull a dozen or so of the "good" ones and photograph as directed as soon as can.

Welcome, and we will be looking forward to seeing your collection.
    South Dakota

Comment

Welcome from Western North Carolina I'm not far from Maggie Valley and can see Mt Pisgah from my house. Guessing you ment to say Western NC in instead of Eastern NC. Can't wait to see your artifact's and help out as much as we can!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Welcome to our site. Hope we can help you out.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing your "stash"
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure we all look forward to seeing your collection. Lots of experienced collectors here who can help you with identification.
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Hey Moose glad you made it . Get some frames and start moving the good stufff into frames buckets is no way to store artifacts,
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Ditto on what hoss says! We are going to be grinding to see what was once stored away, and now can be displayed! Welcome from Eastern North Carolina!! We are glad you're here!
                North Carolina

Comment

Welcome aboard, from “waiting in Arkansas”.....👍😐
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia. Just the weight pressure on them points being in a bucket will damage the ones on the bottom. Scratching and snapping comes to mind.
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome Kmoose. It looks like you hit a jackpot of artifacts. Looking forward to seeing the stash as well.
                      The chase is better than the catch...
                      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Welcome from Va. Will be interesting to see what you have there.
                        keep on keepin after

Comment

Welcome from nw tn.....youve joined a site with a wealth of knowledge you are looking for....cant wait to see your collection
                          Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome from SE Iowa.
                            SE IA

Comment

Working...
                            X