New to site. Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site. Introduction

A little about me. I lived in Maysville until 12 years old then my mom moved us to the country where I didn’t want to go. But of course I ended up loving it. My first in counter with arrowheads was in 9th grade a fried brought some to school and I didn’t believe him so that weekend I went to a blowed field some friends had and found my first one. I can’t explain the feeling that went over me. Of course I was hooked. I went with a few friends every free moment I could. I was about 14. I was addicted to hunting arrowheads even after get driver liecens. But slowed down a lot after getting a girl friend. Then 3 days after high school joined Marine Corp then I was married after getting out then 2 beautiful kids came along and I was afraid to keep my arrowheads out because afraid something would happen to them. But I did get my kids into it as they got older. My daughter is no hooked. I finally live somewhere that I feel safe having them out on display. I love just looking and touching them. But now I am in the process of identifying what I have. I have a few hundred with some other tools. I am excited to get starred up again and learn more about what I have. I have already told my daughter about this site. Can’t wait to share some of the items I have found and find in the future. Also hear and see other stories and experiences to learn as much as possible. I love history and the Native American lives.

Hi JP and welcome to our forum. It is an interesting introduction and gives us some knowledge and insight about you. In what state is Maysville? I went to the google map website and found Maysvilles located in NC, GA, KY, and AL. We encourage folks to ask questions if they don't know what they found. When you post a photo of an artifact be sure that it is focused well and have something in the picture so as to indicate its size. I suggest a quarter coin cause they are exactly one inch in diameter. Also it helps to have the point lying flat with the tip at the top of the photo and looking straight down from the top or nearly so.

Comment

• James Poe
      James Poe commented
      Editing a comment
      Kentucky

Welcome to the site James, look forward to seeing your finds.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Kentucky has some nice material looking forward to seeing them. Welcome from Georgia
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Hey James, welcome to the forum from coastal VA. Looking forward to seeing your collection.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com James. Glad you made it and introduced yourself. I saw your first post the other day and was happy you were able to manage to work out your concerns.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

TY for your service ! Welcome to the site !
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
            X