Hello Ladies & Gentleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Ladies & Gentleman

Hello from Maryland. I am an occasional rock hound, and am looking forward to asking some questions about some arrowheads I acquired from a friend (We are good buds)
    Hopefully my username is good enough to address me. I am going to post one pic of one piece I have to test the pic feature. Best.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1356.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	427338 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1357.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	427340 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1358.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	427342
    Attached Files

Interesting find looks like they found a flat cobble and knocked one out. Welcome to the forum looking forward to seeing some more of your dig finds
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Hello. Thanks for your response. Outside of two large pieces, all the heads are much smaller. I have no idea how good the above piece is.
      There is also a prehistoric axe head I believe that my buddy gave me when he acquired these. They were just tossed in an old shoe box, I saw the axe head, and he said ya want it. Anyway I will post a pic of that in the proper place.
      Both of us, and many others have found amazing things over the years in our local thrift store.....that's where these came from. Not much in these places anymore though.........

Comment

Welcome Digger!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome aboard, looks like an Adena made from jasper.
          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• Digger68
            Digger68 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, and hello folks. Adena? Hmmmmm.

Jasper made me think of a local Mall based rock, and jewelry shop that was insanely overpriced. They closed a few years ago. He had a jasper carved frog that he reduced to $200, I should have bought it. (Yeah, we can say that about a lot of things)

Welcome from South texas

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com from East TN
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I will try to get up the rest of what I have in the next day or two in the artifacts sub forum. The one above is my favorite, but it might not be the most unusual of the lot, although it's the largest.
              I have been soaking them in glass cleaner. Although I am leaving the large one above alone. I have pulled half of them out of the solution. I will have them all out this evening.
              Thanks for any future insight.

Comment

Welcome
                South Dakota

Comment

That jasper is really cool! Only found bits and pieces of it. I spent some time in the eastern shore growing up...glad you're here among other enthusiasts!
                  North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by utilized flake View Post
                    That jasper is really cool! Only found bits and pieces of it. I spent some time in the eastern shore growing up...glad you're here among other enthusiasts!
                    Referencing the large piece I agree. I have to post those Dalton's somebody mentioned in the other thread. Outside of the large Adena piece I will part with the rest. But yeah, it's a neat lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X