Hello from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Michigan

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I am retired and have been shooting longbows for quite some time. In the last year or so, I've been bitten by primitive archery as it relates to Native Americans in Michigan. I am new to hunting for arrow heads and I'm not sure where to begin. I make my own arrows in the old ways but I attach arrows heads that I make myself out of heated and pounded stainless steel spoons. Then I attach them to my arrow shafts using sinew. I would appreciate and help I can get. Thank you.

Welcome to the site and ask away. The folks here are quite helpful.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com . Can we see pictures of your arrows. What are you using for shaft material? Do you forage for shaft materials ? We have flint snappers on our site who post daily.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Knapping your own points to attach to self made arrows is a great hobby. Until you can knap your own stone points you might consider using the inexpensive modern stone points from India. You can get fifty for thirty bucks.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Welcome!
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Welcome from Alabama. As mentioned we have several very skilled kappers who post regularly. We also use to have a couple of members who made the old time bows and arrows but haven't seen them post in quite a long time. Lots to learn here. We also have several members from the upper mid west.

Comment

Welcome to the site from nw tn here
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
              X