Hello from Oklahoma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Oklahoma!

I am so excited to have found this site! I grew up in Oklahoma and listened to my Grandma talk about being able to pick up arrowheads off the ground when she was a child. I was always on the lookout but never found one. (Actually, I may have found something- I ran across my childhood rock collection yesterday and found a pointed rock that I believed was an arrowhead. My Dad and I differed on that opinion. I posted it in the β€œWhat did I find?” forum this afternoon if anyone is willing to take a look. πŸ˜„)

My 8 year old son is all about rock collecting, and I would love to learn about how to hunt for arrowheads to make it a family hobby! If you have any tips resources on where to start, I would love your input!

Welcome Crystal!
    Once you get the hang of it and find the right places it is fun!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

This is a great place to start. Go for it!
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome aboard I hope you find one. Once you learn how to see them it can be a life changing experience. You will never look at the ground in the same way as you did before.
        Good luck from Georgia
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome to the site....nw tn here
          Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

I would suggest googling how to look for arrowheads and/or checking out youtube videos....you can start formulating ideas on how to look for arrowheads based on the knowledge you gain....there are books too that may be helpful ....check out author william bauer....you may find him helpful
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome to the forum from coastal VA!
              Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome
                South Dakota

Comment

Crystal, happy to hear you are advancing your sons interest. It is a wonderful family hobby. As a young child my brother and I would ride horseback out to hunt arrowheads in Western Oklahoma. Would love to help you, what area of the state do you live in?
                  lyle

Comment

Welcome Crystal, check out any gravelbars in creeks and try to get permission to hunt some fields in or around your area.
                    🐜 🎀 SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
                    X