Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, I'm a new member from Oh. Who's in need of your expertise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm a new member from Oh. Who's in need of your expertise!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0705.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	444106 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0708.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	444108 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0707.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	444107 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0706.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	444105 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0703.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	444103 I was searching a field here in Central Ohio for arrowheads with a friend, when we came across something else...I have no clue what this could be?
    a little back story- It was a friends field and they had just dug some new drainage that went down about 10-15 ft in a few different areas...so we had these huge piles of dirt that had just been unearthed and I had a small window to hunt the piles before they filled the holes back in and flattened the ground back out. It was a muddy mess and we didn't find one arrowhead but we did find this... it seems to be made of black sandstone perhaps? It's a very soft workable stone, had it not been buried so deep for so long I'm sure it would have been crushed somehow. Anyway it's a very uniform cigar shape, tapered at one end with a small hole drilled about an inch deep. The opposite end is nearly a perfect circle and so smooth and flat and balanced it can stand on a flat surface with no problem.
    It doesn't seem to be a smoking device because the hole only goes an inch deep and just stops?
    Any help at all would be much appreciated! I LOVE this hobby but I am by no means an expert.
    Thank you in advance for any suggestions, knowledge, or guesses you may throw my way.
    Stay safe and healthy, Charis V.B. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	444104

Battery core I think
    NW Georgia,

Comment

I agree with the battery core call. I run across black cylinders on a regular basis. Welcome to the madness from the Little Miami.
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• Cuppycake1
        Cuppycake1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all for your input...seems to look like what it is. Is it worth keeping do you think? Or just a tosser?

Yes, I agree as well...Looks like carbon to me...
      North Central Kentucky

Comment

Welcome
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Thank you all very much. I'll have to look into that I never knew?
          Are they usually made of stone?

Comment

Working...
          X