Hello from Southern Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Southern Ontario

Hello everyone. I found my first artifact earlier this spring while turkey hunting and it intrigued me immensely. Since then I've started keeping an eye out for more pieces and clues. I believe ive narrowed down a couple of camp sites on the property based on the amount of flakes I'm finding in two distictly concentrated areas along with a few more intresting pieces.
    I've been trying to educate myself so I can learn about the few things I've found over the last 3 weeks and who might have been the makers of these fascinating tools which has led me to finding this site. Looks like a great group. I look forward to learning from those more educated on the subject than I. Particularly those that are from or near the great lakes southern ontario area.

Welcome from Connecticut.. ..
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome...From the looks of things you’re on the right track every which way, and you transfer the excitement of the hunt in your post. Hal.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome to forum, you find a couple good points and the turkey hunting will go by wayside.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Onthunter
          Onthunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes its suffered a bit already to be honest. Lol.

Welcome from Georgia
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Welcome from Georgia as well Onthunter, looking forward to seeing your past and future finds.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing your finds and you'll get some great help by good people here.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Here is my small collection so far. Plus I have a mason jar that's half full of flakes. Mostly broken pieces found so far. Couple scrapers some points and blades from what I can tell. Looks to be a few different types of chert in the mix also. I'll be posting some of these on the other appropriate areas with some question. Thanks guys for the warm welcome Click image for larger version

Name:	20200511_201718.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	453126

Comment

Welcome to the site and nice finds you have there....nice fossil at the bottom....nw tn here
                Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome
                  South Dakota

Comment

Nice looking finds!

Which part of Southern Ontario? I have some family in the Kitchner/Waterloo area. There's a lot of great relics yet to be found up there.
                    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I'm southwest of the K/W area by about an hour and a half. I'm along the shore of Lake erie. Closest major city center would be London.

Comment

Welcome from Southern New Jersey. You are finding neat stuff.
                        New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                        X