so happy to post what i love !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so happy to post what i love !!

hi, and yup u guessed it , rocks "cough cough " artifacts are my passion .
    many years ago found my first kirk , from then on i wanted to know more .
    in my area we don't have the nicer chert material .. i have found a few pieces
    of chert that where blades or whatnot , but they where just traded here .
    but if u wanna see quarries , yeah know the ones with the holes still showing in the ground .
    i been blessed with finding the other stuff like axes ,celts , grinding stones , hammer stones .
    grinding dishes , , should see all my knives and scrapers and stuff ... but of course ( long pause ) ..
    the clovis , not found a whole one yet got 3/4 well little more than that , just the base is missing ..
    but the flute is more than 1/2 way , i'm thinking it could be a cumberland ?
    finally broke down and bought me a pack mule !
    wr250r
    and the axes gosh darn it ,,,, i dunno may got around 300 or so .

welcome to AH from fl, like your mule and looking forward to seeing what you've found,,twoshovel

Comment

thanks for the welcome !!
        next week days or so i will post some of the pics ,,,,,, well i been meaning to take more ,
      but i'll get'er done !

Comment

Welcome and that'd my kind of mule!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

thank u so much , got it just to find rocks . always wanted one , and my legs r getting tired.
              i do got a question ? how do .... or who do i need to talk to about naming an artifact ?

Comment

Well, you could name your first one Jr.  :whistle: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :whistle:
            Bone2stone
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

yea hmmmmm. that is a pretty kollies name lol ..

many things to be found , the fun part !  ( keepers ) ..
                        paid for my mule ,and that's a fact . lol

of all the 1000's of bottles i ( had ) , might got 200 left !
              many treasures out there to be found ! it's the adventure , the outdoors , the past calls to us all, some in some way's , and some in others ...to me it's about ( history , and more history )
                     yes i have sold things .. cases of field grade .. never find again  well that stuff is all mine !!!
                 i did sell bunch of g10's ... but the where the smaller rabbit  points. 1 1/2  inch' long for 300 smackers ...built a shop lol ...keep ummm about two hand full's that where even longer * oops on me lol

Comment

Me likie bottles too...... B)
                Here's some keepers I found.

Bone2stone
                It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                Circa:1982

Comment

very nice looking keepers indeed ! found a train and battleship few years back . good stuff !
                  pigeon blood garnet , and a bowl - -- should have seen me that day ,, friend and i where out rock hunting
                  om deep river ,,, well a damn was a bout to be built and that dirt well u know !! found tons of sites .
                  i seen the bowl sticking out of the bank on the other side ,, so i took off running fast as i could waded
                  across the river and i was like * wayne * look at what i found ,,, when i got up on solid ground he bout
                  tackled me ,, yet thus it's not native ! was part of mortal a pestle of an 1800's medicines !
                  found the garnet same way ,, hunting that is ... on the side of a lake ..
                  found the vein where they are washing out of the bank

Click image for larger version

Name:	bottlestobowls001 [replaced].jpg
Views:	76
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	215950

Name:	bottlestobowls002 [replaced].jpg
Views:	36
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	215951

Name:	bottlestobowls003 [replaced].jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	215952

Name:	bottlestobowls004 [replaced].jpg
Views:	29
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	215953

Name:	bottlestobowls008 [replaced].jpg
Views:	37
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	215954

Comment

GREAT...thanx for potentially sparking another ocd...The rocks i can explain to company for being overloaded..."I'm building a petrified wood house..." or "I am collecting for educational purposes.." but BOTTLES?? It's ok, I'll come up with an excuse! Those are all soooo awesome!!!

Comment

lol gwyndolynn, just think if u cork all the bottle up, you could float
                      your house hehe ,, can u say ark !!here's today's stuff !!

Comment

Working...
                      X