Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello New to this forum Looking for old friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello New to this forum Looking for old friends!

Hey all I'm Kim Gunter, from Kentucky. Been hunting rocks for 45 of my 47 years herein Kentucky. Dad, Lawrence 'Gunner' was a lifelong collector who started my addiction to rocks. Been in a few clubs, been to a few shows, In 1989 I won the 'Best personal Find of the Year' from the Indiana Archaeology Society with a ferigionous quartz bannerstone I picked up off the river.
    I'm looking for some fellow hunters in Kentucky. Im also looking for some folks in particular that I've lost touch with over the years...Randall Carrier from Lancaster Kentucky, and Beau Spicer from Wilmore Ky. If anyone has any info I would love to get in touch with these guys again! Thanks and Happy Hunting!

Hey welcome Kim. Hope you find the folks your looking for and look forward to your participation and getting a look at that bannerstone!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome from Fl. Kim hope you find your old friends but think you've found some new old friends here, lets see that banner,,,twoshovel

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kim
          Gary
          South Dakota

Comment

Hey thanks for the 'welcomes' from everyone! I hope to make lots of new friends and find some old friends here!
            I've sent some picks of my bannerstone. Enjoy! I've never entertained the thought of selling any of my rocks, I was just
            wondering what something like this might be worth? Any ideas?  My dad, 'Gunner' was with me when I found it and he actually
            cussed and told me to quit hunting rocks right then! He said 'Don't ever pick up another rock cause you don't know what you
            just did!' He said I would never find anything to top it and so far he's been right, Unfortunately. I'm gonna keep looking cause
            there is lots out there I haven't found yet! I still got a lotta walking in me!

Comment

WOW, nice bannerstone...what is that material?

Comment

I was told it is 'Feriginous Quartz' ? Not sure? Art Gerber looked at it several years ago and told me the material.

Comment

Hi Kimi,
                     Welcome back to the forums!
                     You could buy a new car with that banner! I believe that there were some quartz banners that sold recently in the 6 figures. It is a really special artifact, as your dad said.

Comment

Beautiful piece, I could understand your Dads attitude!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

welcome to the forum, Kim, and thanks for showing us that bannerstone!
                      Rhode Island

Comment

Now that is one very special find. You are a  lucky hunter. Thanks for showing us the picture
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome I'm from northern Kentucky . Very nice find 

Comment

That is a beautiful banner stone! I hope you find your friends. Bunch of good people here too. Sandy, Indiana

Comment

Working...
                            X