Hello From Midland County, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Midland County, TX

Howdy y’all. New to the Forum and NA history and artifact hunting. My avatar is my first arrowhead, a Haskell, from about a month ago on a private ranch I have permission to explore. Surface hunting so far, but planning some digging very soon. I have the bug now and practically eat, sleep, & breathe artifacts, lol. Looking forward to learning and sharing here with everyone.
    Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Welcome to arrowheads.com
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice 1st point and welcome to the site!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota....love that Texas stuff,looking forward to future finds
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Nice point , welcome from Ga.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome from western Pennsylvania
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Hi Tex, welcome from Florida, sounds like ya got hooked bad....Good for you..very nice first point...
              Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, very nice first point 👍looking forward to seeing future finds.
                  🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome to the site ! I’d rather say your first find is Peno Washita . I can’t tell how large or small the point is from your profile pic. Be of good cheer, your in Firstview area of the state....!
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

By golly Lindenmeier-Man. I believe you are right about it being a Peno Washita point! I looked it up again in Overstreet and the side notching is dead on. Thanks for the correction! I should have given the measurements, 1-1/16” x 5/8”. Not sure of the material. I had to look up Firstview. Man, I would like to find one of those! Are those Folsom & Clovis in your Avatar?

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                        Lindenmeier-Man commented
                        Editing a comment
                        L-R Clovis, Folsom, Midland, and Plainview.
                        In your area, you should be able to find any of those. I know the Odessa/Midland area looks like the badlands but back then, it was paradise. Plenty of game. Now, all the flint that you find is not natural, it was all brought in on foot , from up to a thousand miles away. All you need is wind, rain, or combo of both. Luck be with you as this is a most satisfying hobby !

Thanks LM. You have some prized specimens! I would be thrilled to find any one of those. Yes, I go out after even the lightest rain and pick up lots of debitage, the occasional exhausted core and tool. I will post some of these soon.

Comment

Welcome to the site and nice find....good luck on future hunts out there
                        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Welcome
                          South Dakota

Comment

Know your feelings! Absolutely an addiction. Will ask what (think LinnyMan) asked me when I first joined forum in great tail-wagging frenzy: “Have you had the Dreams yet?“

If you haven’t, you will. Mine always the same: I’m running thru woods, trip over log, and fall into huge pile of rocks and artifacts!
                            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• jshirley
                              jshirley commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Cecilia... I had my first Dream last night! Haa! Walking with my friend who is not an artifact hunter, she and I both found "artifacts" at the same moment. Mine turned out to be made of paper mache, but hers was the real deal. Haa! The things of nightmares! Your post made me laugh!

• Cecilia
                              Cecilia commented
                              Editing a comment
                              😴🤪!
                          Working...
                          X