New to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum

Hello all I am new to the site and arrow head hunting. I live in eastern Ct. I have found only two arrowheads through the years. Recently a friend passed away and left me an assortment of findings. They are all fascinating to someone who knows nothing. Where can I contact to have some of these identified? Thanks in advance

Post them here on this Site.
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Welcome, like Lindenmeier-Man said, post pics here to help with a variety of topics.
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

OK. My big try at uploading photos. I am not a tech person.

Comment

Welcome to form from Ga.
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome from Florida, relax, you’ll get the hang of it, if I could, anybody can..Lol.
            Floridaboy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	484870 Finally!!!
              Last edited by Hoss; 09-08-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• tomclark
                tomclark commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow that's a great frame!

• paohrocks
                paohrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice frame!

• Lindenmeier-Man
                Lindenmeier-Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes Yes !

Sorry boys I am working on it. Just do not how to make it larger yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_92861.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	484890 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_92858.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	484891
              Last edited by Hoss; 09-08-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia
                🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Wow. So many goodies in such a small space, you’re getting the hang of it, now post a closeup of each frame...maybe in half frames at a time, that works for me,
                  Floridaboy.

Comment

Very nice of your friend and welcome to the forum.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	try number 4 (2).jpg
Views:	118
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	484931

Comment

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        obsidian and basalt in this frame are not from CT. They are western points. The white quartz one at 8 oclock is typical of Connecticut finds. Looks like a Wading river type to me.

Does anyone have any idea of the origin of these arrowheads? Sorry for the poor pictures. The deceased former owner used to search the Farmington river valley but I have no idea if these came from there.

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com most of these look like CT points to me. There may be others in the other two frames of darker material. Best thing to do is take good photos and share them with something for scale. Try and separate them by like materials. even if you separate by color and sheen then take a photo and share it in what did I find?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	wy1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.2 KB ID:	485035
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hello Mikey, Kim here. As I accessed your picts, they all look authentic, no fakes here. A very nice inheritance! Thy are from very different areas. I see two pink Dalton, Perhaps 8 to 10 thousand years old, real beauties. There is one long black Obsidian Paleo point. I can't say for sure from the picture but it does look to have the attributes of a Folsom point. You have a few Chalcedony Points. And of coarse white quartz. Very nice. Thanks for posting.
                          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                          X