Net sinker effigy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net sinker effigy ?

Hello. This is my first first post. I’ve been hunting fields in Southern Illinois for several years and have a decent collection of PFs. I have recently been trying my luck in creeks but haven’t found much flint. I did happen to find this in a creek in Trigg Co Ky near the Cumberland River I believe it is a sinker but didn’t notice the black dots until the next day after it dried out. I thought they were holes in the rock but after further inspection it appears that they are actually on top of the stone
    Has anyone ever seen anything similar to this ?

Sorry but I think it's natural. The darker bands are a softer rock hence more erosion there.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ron. Thanks for your input. I’m not an expert on geology. This thing caught my eye because of the shape Of course I’m hopeful that it is an artifact but I’m not sure

Comment

Is it flat?...either way, it’s cool, definitely would be on my shelf, if I had one,
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Hal. It is round I hope this pic helps. It’s shaped like a top. Thanks for the reply

Comment

Agree with Ron but still a cool rock. I along with many would like to see what you have found.
            Welcome to the site and thanks for joining us.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Mother nature is a wonderful artist it looks like a natural concretion to me. A cool rock for sure and I would have brought it home too. Welcome to arrowheads.com
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

agree with above comments, it's still cool and I also would've brought it home as well.
                🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

I’d of brought it home too...
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I think it looks like a mummy!!!
                    North Carolina

Comment

• antmike915
                      antmike915 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      or a cocoon of some sort 🤔

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X