New to the forum and artifact hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum and artifact hunting

Hi everyone. I’m newly retired and want to start hunting arrowheads and other artifacts.
    This is something I’ve wanted to do for most of my life but just never found the time.
    I’ve recently moved “back home” to southwestern Indiana and am looking to find some sites to try out.
    Southwestern Indiana

Welcome from Florida, there’s folks from up your way, will help you out, you’ll find your first artifact inno time.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome from Georgia, good luck on your hunts. I've always heard that Indiana is a good area too look.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Welcome to the site. A lot of pre history to be found in SW Indiana. With a little time and effort you'll be finding them.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I too welcome you to Arrowheads.com, from central Pa. Here is what you do. Get a topographical map of the area you want to hunt in. A good Street Map will do. Now look for a rural area that is mostly farmland. Next try to find a place where there are two or three streams that come together very close together. When you find this area, go on a road trip. Now look at the landscape. If there is any rise, knob or hill in the area That is where to start your hunt! Please ask for permission before you do though. We never want to Pi** off the farmers. Because they own the land we want to hunt on. I have found that sometimes if I go back and visit the farmer after he says no, the second visit will be better because he knows you now. It has worked for me many times. Remember to be kind and considerate and respectful at all times. Also any stream will have Artifacts to be found. It may take a lot of walking before you pick something up, but who knows you may just find something your first time out. GOOD LUCK. Kim
            Last edited by Mattern; 09-30-2020, 10:47 AM.
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Welcome from NJ. Find erosion on a hill near fresh water and you might find something. Good luck.
              New Jersey

Comment

Welcome
                South Dakota

Comment

Welcome to the site...good luck on your hunts....nw middle tn here
                  Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Good luck with the hunt if nothing else its really good excercise, welcome from Georgia
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                    X