New Member on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member on board

Just a quick hello to all....I have not been a collector but I recently stumbled upon a great find and so here I am. It is a knife that has been authenticated and found to be one of the thinnest blades in the country. I built a web site that shows the knife at www.sweetwaterknife.com. Please feel free to e-mail or comment.
    Tim

Congratulations :huh:  :blink:  :whistle:
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

nice find, welocme to the forum, thats a nice web page hope you get to post or next find soon, you may not have been a collector but you got it going on wow,lol thanks for sharing ,,,twoshovel

Comment

Welcome to this forum!
        That is a very nice blade. It would be easier to view without the rotating pictures though. May I ask why you called it the sweetwater knife? It is somewhat similar to the famous Sweetwater biface, which was found in the Sweetwater Texas area, but I'm assuming yours comes from New Mexico? The Sweetwater biface is much larger, and more uniformly thin with a width to thickness ratio that is much thinner. Yours is an excellent piece but much smaller and thicker than the thinnest blades in existence, IMO. To determine width to thickness ratio, measure the widest place and the thickest part, that is your w/t ratio.

Comment

Working...
        X